Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak and his confidante Abdul Razak Baginda are the “priority witnesses” in the investigation of the Scorpene scandal, said French lawyer Apoline Cagnat.
She is representing human rights NGO Suaram in the probe by the French judiciary.
Cagnat (left in photo) told a briefing for Malaysian parliamentarians today in Singapore that, of the seven witnesses submitted by Suaram and accepted by the French judiciary, Najib and Razak are the most important.
“I hope the judges manage to interrogate them,” she said.
The other five witnesses are:
- Defence Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi
- Setev Shaariibuu, the father of murdered Mongolian national Altantuya Shaariibuu
- private investigator P Balasubramaniam
- Boustead Holdings Bhd group managing director and deputy chairperson Lodin Wok Kamaruddin
- Jasbir Singh Chahl, said to be Razak's right-hand man
By Kuek Ser Kuang Keng
ORIGINAL ARTICLE / Artikel Asal